Ask- Health Forum
Ask a health question and get answers from doctors and other just like you.

Asked by GEN
from British Columbia, Canada

ABOUT BABY'S HEALTH - Cancer Care (Oncology)


hello! my husband had brachytherapy nov 2012 for prostate cancer . Is there any risk us having a child in respect to birth defects in the child .

Genalyn Nielsen

Answers (1)

Indian Medguru Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Pushkar, India
brachytherapy is counted the best treatment method and benefits are Localized, high-tech, precise, it is given at short distance. Brachytherapy is providing very precise treatment in form of radiation which takes only a few minutes. After completing radiation treatment, catheters from the body are removed completely and there will be no radioactive seeds left in the body. HDR is high dose radiation therapy, requiring less time. The main advantage of HDR is it quickly leads to betterment of patient’s condition. their is no risk for having cild. you can enjoy your motherhood

Answer This Question

   Please post my answer anonymously By clicking on "Post Answer" you are agreeing to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

"ASK" is a forum environment and questions may or may not be answered. As noted in our Terms of Use the information found on, including that provided by medical professionals, is a general educational aid and to be view strictly as that. The Questions and Answers contain opinions and views created by the community members. is not responsible for the accuracy of any information posted by our community members. Do not rely on this information as a substitute for personal medical or healthcare advice, or for diagnosis or treatment purposes. We recommend an age restriction of 18 years of age or older.

© 2010 Medstar LLC. All rights reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of' s terms of use and privacy policy.

The information on this site is not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment from a licensed medical practitioner. If you are experiencing a serious medical condition call your local emergency services or your doctor.